Monday 11 May 2009

Punta san Westward







In the immortal words of my dear friend Michel - 'training is the clue'. As a homage, I hit the beach for an early morning run, then went swimming with Hector over lunch, and by the time I was due to start job hunting - I got the text.

'Strong cross-off , short brd 5m'


The winds were howling and the skies without cloud, making temperatures (just about) comfortable for a shorty. I wasn't quite sure what to expect on this direction, and despite limited swell forecast; the potential was amazing. Even without any real swell we still had a small wave to chase down the line. In the end we sailed for too long, my eyes are bloodshot from too much wind and sun, and apologies to Laura (and various employers) for losing all track of time. Tomorrows forecast looks more of the same, and I can't remember when I had so much fun.










No comments:

Post a Comment