Thursday 16 July 2009

Its raining again...

and I absolutely love it. For so many years I worshipped the sun, and always found it hard to aclimitise when moving back to England. But now, I find the only way to make peace with this country is to embrace each and every raindrop.
Ok, if you are confined to suit wearing and having to jump from building to building to avoid spoiling your nice clothes this isn't so great. But generally if you don't have to care too much about your appearance, then bring on the rain.

So it is with great pleasure, that I am able to share a little secret with you. To really combine two loves almost to the point of obsession, what I really like is surfing when it rains. Its the peanut butter and jam combination, that just compliments each other so well.
I just love how the rain falls on the sea and seems to flatten out any imperfections in the approaching swell. I think in part this is because I would always rather be outside than stuck inside when its raining.
However, I also seem to feel happier when waiting for the sets in the rain. Its this total immersion, that reminds me taking a shower and both surfing at the same time.
Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment