Wednesday 20 May 2009

Matt's Kitchen

I have been a little absorbed with finding a home of late, but I helped a friend today who is busy rennovating his house, and it helped put things into perspective. We ripped out his kitchen to make way for what looks to be a beautiful space, and the final touches to completing a stunning home. However, I had forgotten about all the hassle you go through, to get there. Wrangling with trades, getting over charged by suppliers and generally cleaning up after everyone, not to mention the whole family guilt thing. So, as I kick back tonight and relax after ripping someone elses kitchen to pieces, I can honestly say I have no desire to own or maintain a home right now. We might be renting and worried whether property is going up, down, or sideways, but we really don't have to lift a finger here, or worry about maintaining it. Hence we can just enjoy life from day to day, and if its flat, without wind, or even raining, we can still just hang on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment